MBA (Master of Business Administration) or Master’s in Business Administration is the world’s most famous graduate degree. It focuses on business administration, investment management. Many business schools and colleges in India offer two-year MBA or PGDM programs. AICTE or UGC accredits the programs. According to Bloomberg magazine, IIMs are also among the most demanding business schools globally. So these are the top ten MBA colleges in INDIA.
- 1 MBA FULL FORM:
- 2 List of Top ten MBA colleges in INDIA:
- 2.1 1) Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIM Ahmedabad):
- 2.2 2) Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIM Bangalore):
- 2.3 3) Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIM Calcutta):
- 2.4 4) Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode (IIM Kozhikode):
- 2.5 5) Department of Management Studies IIT Delhi (DMS IIT Delhi):
- 2.6 6) Indian Institute of Management Indore (IIM Indore):
- 2.7 7) Indian Institute of Management Lucknow (IIM Lucknow):
- 2.8 8) XLRI Xavier School of Management (XLRI Jamshedpur):
- 2.9 9) Vinod Gupta School of Management, IIT Kharagpur (VGSOM IIT Kharagpur):
- 2.10 10) Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management, IIT Bombay:
- 2.11 11) Management Development Institute:
- 2.12 12) National Institute of Industrial Engineering:
- 2.13 13) DoMS IIT Madras – Department of Management Studies:
- 2.14 14) IIM Raipur: Indian Institute of Management, Chhattisgarh:
- 2.15 15) IIT Kanpur – Department of Industrial and Management Engineering:
- 2.16 16) IIM Trichy – Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli:
- 2.17 17) IIM Udaipur – (Indian Institute of Management, Udaipur):
- 2.18 18) SPJIMR – (S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research):
- 2.19 19) Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Symbiosis International, Pune:
MBA FULL FORM:
|MBA FULL FORM IN ENGLISH||Master of Business Administration|
|MBA FULL FORM IN HINDI||मास्तर ऑफ बिजनेस अडमिनिस्ट्रेश्न्|
|MBA FULL FORM IN MARATHI||मास्तर ऑफ बिजनेस अडमिनिस्ट्रेश्न्|
List of Top ten MBA colleges in INDIA:
1) Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIM Ahmedabad):
IIM Ahmedabad is a public business school established 60 years ago on 11 December 1961. The Chairperson of IIM Ahmedabad Board of Governors is Kumar Mangalam Birla, and the director is Errol D’Souza. It has an Academic staff of 110 with 1,006 students. The campus of this college covers 102 acres in Vastrapur, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. The physicist and astronomer Vikram Sarabhai played a crucial role in setting up the institute. After him, the name of the library become Vikram Sarabhai Library. It also has a hostel for married students to live comfortably with their families. Some notable alumni of IIM Ahmedabad are CK Prahalad, Srikant Datar. One of the world’s most influential people Chetan Bhagat also from this college. It is in the first position in INDIA’s top ten MBA colleges.
2) Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIM Bangalore):
IIM Bangalore or IIMB is a public business school and Institute of National Importance, established 49 years ago in 1973 in Bangalore, India. The Chairperson of IIMB is Dr. Devi Prasad Shetty, and the Director is Rishikesha T. Krishnan. The institute has an Academic staff of 109 members. It provides sports facilities for students like cricket, tennis, basketball, volleyball, badminton, table tennis, pool, and soccer.
3) Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIM Calcutta):
IIM Calcutta or IIM-C is a public business school. It is also the Institute of National Importance, established 60 years ago on 28 November 1961. Its Motto in Sanskrit is Jñānam Sarvahitāya, and its translation in English is Knowledge for the benefit of all. It is in Joka, West Bengal, India, with an academic staff of 91 members. Students are 1,164, with 1,067 postgraduates and 97 doctoral students.
4) Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode (IIM Kozhikode):
IIM Kozhikode or IIMK is an autonomous public business school established 26 years ago in 1996 in Kozhikode, Kerala. The current chairman of the institute is A. Vellayan, and the director is Prof. Debashis Chatterjee. The number of students is 878, including 804 postgraduates and 74 doctoral students. The campus covers a sub-urban land area of 111 acres in Kunnamangalam.
5) Department of Management Studies IIT Delhi (DMS IIT Delhi):
Established in 1997 in New Delhi, India, DMS IIT Delhi is a public business school and management education and research school at the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi.
6) Indian Institute of Management Indore (IIM Indore):
IIM-I is an autonomous public business school, Established 26 years ago in 1996 in Indore, Madhya Pradesh. The campus of IIM Indore covers a sub-urban area of 193 acres or 0.8 sq km atop a picturesque hillock. Prof. Himanshu Rai joined as the director in January 2019, and IIM-I has an academic staff of 139 members. The current number of students is 1,326, including 1,228 postgraduates and 98 doctoral students.
7) Indian Institute of Management Lucknow (IIM Lucknow):
IIM Lucknow or IIM-L is a public business school established 38 years ago in 1984 in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India. The chairman of IIM Lucknow is Natarajan Chandrasekaran. He is also chairman of Tata Sons and executive director of Tata Consultancy Services. The campus covers an Urban land area of 200 acres in Prabandh Nagar on the outskirts of Lucknow.
8) XLRI Xavier School of Management (XLRI Jamshedpur):
XLRI, formerly Xavier Labour Relations Institute, is a private business school, Established 73 years ago in 1949 in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India. The institute chairman is T. V. Narendran, and the director is Fr. Paul Fernandes. The campus of XLRI Jamshedpur covers the urban area with an academic staff of 81 faculty members. Students are 887, including 724 postgraduates and 163 doctoral students.
9) Vinod Gupta School of Management, IIT Kharagpur (VGSOM IIT Kharagpur):
VGSOM IIT Kharagpur is a public business school established in 1993 in West Bengal, India. Its parent school is IIT Kharagpur, and its Dean is V N Achutha Naikan. It has an Academic staff of 29 faculty members. The total number of students of the institute is 321, including 248 Postgraduates and 73 Doctoral students. This business school offers major academic programs such as three year Executive MBA, a Two-year full-time MBA, Ph.D. in management, PGDBA, and MDPs.
10) Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management, IIT Bombay:
SJMSOM, or SOM, is a public business school established in 1995 in Powai, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. The parent school of Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management is IIT Bombay. According to the NIRF ranking, the institute is in 10th position in India’s top ten MBA colleges. SOM offers a full-time MBA degree course, Ph.D. in management, and MDP for company representatives.
Subsequent prominent institutes, after the top ten MBA colleges in India.
11) Management Development Institute:
MDI (Management Development Institute) is a private Business School established in 1973 in Gurgaon, Haryana, India. The campus with red brick buildings and trees covers an area of 37 acres. It is approximately 12 km from Indira Gandhi International airport, New Delhi. Besides, The beautiful library of the institute contains over 60,000 books, journals, e-journals, e-books, audio-visual materials databases, CDs/DVDs, reports, conference proceedings, training manuals, and case studies.
12) National Institute of Industrial Engineering:
NITIE, formerly National Institute for Training in Industrial Engineering, is a graduate Public business school established in 1963 in Mumbai, Maharastra, India. It is under the Ministry of Education (MoE) and also ranked 12th among business schools of India as per the National Institutional Ranking Framework 2020 rankings. Its Director is Professor Manoj Kumar Tiwari, while the chairman is Shashi Kiran Shetty.
13) DoMS IIT Madras – Department of Management Studies:
DoMS, IIT Madras is a business school established in 1959 but came into existence in April 2004 under the Indian Institute of Technology Madras in Chennai, India. The institute’s campus is on the IIT Madras campus, covering 600 acres. According to National Institutional Ranking Framework, it was also on 15th rank among the business schools of India. In addition, It offers many major courses like Ph.D., MBA, EMBA, PGPEX-VLM, and MS.
14) IIM Raipur: Indian Institute of Management, Chhattisgarh:
Established on 11 October 2010, IIM Raipur, IIM-RR is a business school and also an institution of national importance. Founded by the Government of India in Raipur, Chhattisgarh, it is the tenth Indian Institute of Management. From 2016 to the present, the chairperson is Shyamala Gopinath, while the director is Bharat Bhasker. The campus of IIM-RR covers an urban area of 200 acres in Atal Nagar, Naya Raipur. It also provides world-class sports facilities to students such as GYM, squash court, swimming pool, table tennis rooms, and shuttle badminton court.
15) IIT Kanpur – Department of Industrial and Management Engineering:
Department of Industrial and Management Engineering, established in 1974 in Kanpur, while the parent school of the institute is the IIT Kanpur.
16) IIM Trichy – Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli:
IIM Trichy is an autonomous graduate public business school established in 2011 in Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India. This biz school also hosts several yearly events and college fest such as Dhruva, E-Summit, HR Conclave, Sanskriti, Sangram, and Kurukshetra. The current chairman of IIM Trichy – Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli is Jalaj Dani, while Pawan Kumar Singh’s director. IIM Trichy campus covers a suburban land area of 172.27 acres on the Tiruchirappalli-Pudukkottai highway. Besides, Its NIRF ranking in 2020 was 15, and Outlook India ranking was seventh.
17) IIM Udaipur – (Indian Institute of Management, Udaipur):
IIM Udaipur or IIMU is a graduate public business school established in 2011 as an autonomous body in Udaipur, Rajasthan, India. Furthermore, The college delivers a Doctor of Business Administration program, a two-year full-time MBA program, one-year postgraduate MBA programs (MBA-DEM and MBA-GSCM), and other management development programs. IIM Udaipur also counted as one of the Institutes of National Importance. Besides, the institute’s campus covers an urban land area of 1.2 square kilometers designed by a noted architect.
18) SPJIMR – (S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research):
Established 41 years ago in 1981, SPJIMR is a private non-profit postgraduate management school. The parent institute of SPJIMR is Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, while its Dean is Dr. Varun Nagaraj. It also provides cafeterias, hostels, Wi-Fi, and recreation spots like a big lake. At the same time, the institute’s campus covers 45-acre land in the metropolis of Mumbai. In addition, the SP Jain Institute of Management and Research also presents several full-time and part-time management programs.
19) Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Symbiosis International, Pune:
SIBM Pune is a Private business school and a component of Symbiosis International University. It was established in 1978 by Dr. S B Mujumdar in Pune, Maharashtra, India. According to NIRF, it is also the 20th best business school in India.
In this article, you learned about India’s top ten MBA colleges in India. So if you want to do an MBA, these are the best option for you. So guys, study hard to get admission to these top biz schools. Then, if you get a degree from one of these colleges, you will get a high salary in your job.
You can also read this…